Award winning teacher, author, and plant-based living activist Lani Muelrath, M.A., CGFI, CPBN, FNS , specializes in helping people transform their bodies and their lives with healthy eating, movement, and mindfulness.
Recognized as an authority on living a healthy, happy, sustainable plant-based lifestyle, Lani is the author of The Plant-Based Journey: A Step-By-Step Guide for Transitioning to a Healthy Lifestyle and Achieving Your Ideal Weight (BenBella, 2015) or Fit Quickies: 5 Minute Targeted Body-Shaping Workouts (Penguin, 2013).
Recently featured on ABC TV’s The List, CBS TV, Huffington Post, Prevention, and The Saturday Evening Post, Lani has been a Guest Lecturer in Kinesiology at San Francisco State University and is an Associate Professor in Kinesiology at Butte College. She has a Master’s degree and several teaching credentials in Physical Education, and holds multiple fitness certifications including Fitness Instructor from the American Council on Exercise, Yoga, and Pilates-based instruction from the PhysicalMind Institute.
Lani created and starred in her own CBS TV show, “Lani’s All-Heart Aerobics.” She is presenter and celebrity coach for the 21-Day PCRM Vegan Kickstart and VegRun Programs and is the Fitness Adviser for the Dr. John McDougall Health and Medical Center Discussion Boards.
She has presented at numerous conferences and programs, such as The Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine and The Complete Health Improvement Project (CHIP). In addition, she is the Plant-Based Fitness and Healthy Living Examiner at for Examiner.com and is published in prominent magazines, blogs, and newsletters.
Certified in Plant-Based Nutrition through Cornell University, Lani holds a Fitness Nutrition Specialist Advanced Credential from the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
Recipient of the Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Instruction, Lani regularly speaks and writes about healthy living, plant-based nutrition, weight loss, and fitness. She overcame her own lifetime struggle with weight over more than 15 years ago when she lost 50 pounds, which she has maintained easily with the tools that she uses to coach others to be successful with in weight loss, body shaping, and health. Lani synergizes smart exercise, optimal nutrition, and mastery of psychology in realizing your body ideal.
Lani is recipient of the Golden Apple Award
for Excellence in Academics and Outstanding
Performance in Instruction
Credentials, Certifications, Degrees & Qualifications
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist Advanced Credential, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified: Plant-Based Nutrition, Cornell University
- San Francisco State University Kinesiology, Guest Lecturer
- Associate Faculty Butte College Physical Education
- Pilates-Based Instruction: Physicalmind Institute
- American Council on Exercise Certification (ACE) since 1986
- M.A. Physical Education, CSU Chico
- T-Tapp Certified Trainer 1999
- B.A. Fine Arts CSU Chico, with emphasis in Dance
- Physical Education Teaching Credentials, College and Secondary Level
- Certified Online Instructor Training (COIT) certification, completed January 2007
- Hatha Yoga Teaching Credential
- Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential, CA
- Full-Time Faculty, Durham Unified Schools, Durham, CA 1989 – 2007
- International Association of Women in Business Coaching
- International Dance and Exercise Association
- Fitness Advisor, Dr. John McDougall Health and Medical Center Discussion Boards
- Celebrity Fitness Coach, PCRM 21 Day Vegan Kickstart and VegRun programs
- Health & Fitness Lifestyle Expert, Vegan Mainstream
- Presenter: Coronary Health Improvement Program (CHIP)
- Plant-Based Fitness Expert guest appearances on Fox Radio.
- “The Inner Game of Fitness” on Spiritual Physique Radio
- “Midlife Fitness Mastery” on Midlife Matters, Blog Talk Radio
- California Plant-Based Fitness Examine at examiner.com
- Healthy Living Examiner for San Francisco at Examiner.com
- Created, Produced and Starred in “Lani’s All Heart Aerobics” for CBS TV.
- Chico Enterprise Record, “A Finely Tuned Machine”
- UPN TV Sacramento Morning Fitness
- Women’s World Magazine
- Women’s Fitness International Magazine,
- Fitness Reporter, KHSL TV/CBS Chico, California
Speaking engagements: email@example.com
Media and press: firstname.lastname@example.org