Key to success with your whole-food plant-based diet is simplicity.
It’s easy to get caught up with what you should eat, fancy recipes, and old habits of thinking with meal planning that rub up against a much simpler solution. My idea of a perfect recipe is 5 ingredients or less.
Simple steps to quinoa, zucchini & cannellini beans prep for two:
40 minutes before dinner:
1) Toss 1 1/2 cups of red quinoa into the rice cooker with 3 cups of water
15 minutes before dinner:
2) Chop one sweet onion into bite-size bits and start to steam-fry with veggie broth
3) Slice 4 medium sized zucchini squash into halves lengthwise, then chunk into1/4 inch size bites. Add to the onions. Sprinkle with seasonings (I used Bragg’s Organic 24 herbs)
4) Add can of cannellini beans
5) Assemble on plate, add any sauces or seasonings you like. (A couple of teaspoons of sweet chilli sauce is a nice match for this one.)
Eat as much as you like and ‘leftover’ the rest. We’re having leftover quinoa with fruit for breakfast.
Simple. Filling. Slimming. Enjoy what you eat.
It’s easy to catch updates. Sign up here.